Tuesday, October 27, 2009

First Post - Catchup and Prep

This has been a long time coming, but my general laziness has delayed (as usual.)  I'm 7 months away from step 1 and only have 1 week until step 2: takedown.  Big thanks to Paul (http://ulcerativecolitisandmyjpouch.blogspot.com/) and several others to get me to start this, if not for others to read, to at least air out some dirty laundry (no pun intended.)

Having the ostomy has not been as bad as many make it out to be.  Other than some minor itching, the general "bulge" in your pants with gas, and the occasional murder scene in the bathroom during a change, it's been a upgrade from previous pain, cramps, and unknown "where am I gonna poop right now".   Plus, how else could I have talked myself into rocking out suspenders over a belt!

Todos for the week:
  • Have a golf round better than 110 before surgery
  • Video tape the stoma (come on, when else do you get to watch your insides at work!)
  • Make sure I get final blood drawn
  • Make sure we got the paperwork for insurance

No comments:

Post a Comment