Thursday, March 11, 2010

Moving Right Along

It's been over a week since the procedure to address the abscess and there has been a slight improvement.  We cut the steroids in half, which has lead to daily pain in the tailbone and rectum.  This usually starts in the late morning or afternoon and continues until I crumble and take a percocet.  Thankfully, it hasn't been as bad as it was the previous two times that we cut the steroids.  The hope is that this means the abscess is healing, albeit slowly.  I'll be thankful to be off those god-foresaken drugs, even if they have helped me.

My appetite hasn't diminished (still eat like a linebacker.)  I'm sleeping a little better, but that fluctuates on a daily basis and usually results in morning or afternoon naps to catchup on lost sleep.  I've started walking again, now that there isn't 30 inches of snow on the ground and 30 degree weather.  Exercise does increase the movements of the pouch, which is true for all persons, just that it's a little more drastic with me.

I have a followup on the 19th to check the progress:  At this rate, I don't see the abscess or the sinus healing by then.  My assumption is we'll do another gastrogafin (yeah) to verify the progress.  As long as we are headed in the right direction, I'll take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment