Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Upper Bowel - Crohn's Check

My wife and I decided on the second surgeon for a number of reasons. We felt he was more comfortable with questions and upfront with information. His practice has been specializing in colo-rectal surgery, especially JPouches for a years, especially laparospic. The time delay was a strike against, but everyone noted it was like that and you just worked around it or checked on time delays before coming. I'll be honest: I'd rather have to wait for a doctor that takes his time with his patients rather than ripping through them like a 6th grade quiz papers.

We let him know with our decision and he ordered a followup procedure to verify that I didn't have Crohn's. I hadn't had an upper bowel barium before, so off I went to have the procedure. The hospital is about 45 to 100 minutes away depending on traffic: Right, it's usually closer to 100 than 45, unless it's 5 AM.

This was my first time drinking barium, which I didn't find all that bad. It was similar to drinking toothpaste. I don't do this with any regularity, but at least it wasn't like dirt or slime: That would have been a little more difficult. [This would prove beneficial, as I get to have more in the future.] After slamming down some cups, then slowly drinking while the shots were taking, the radiologist noted I had a fast digestive process: Maybe this is why Wendy's never stayed around that long?

No comments:

Post a Comment