Thursday, April 22, 2010

And the Wheels on the Bus...

Even after going back on the steroids, the urgency didn't seem to resolve.  Over the past week, the urgency and pain have continued to increase.  The pain is starting to feel very similar to that of late last year, which ended up being the abscess.  Thankfully it's not in the tailbone, which was debilitating, but more in the canal area, which feels more like being stabbed with a hot ice pick.

I currently have a call into the doctors to determine what's the next course of action.  Upping the steroids will likely make me feel better, but won't necessarily fix the problem, as we played that game from November through February.  My next appointment is still over 2 weeks out, but I'd be happy to go get another scope/xray/cat scan - anything to get ahead of the game rather than waiting.  The percocet is helping take the pain away and also solidify some of the output, but I realize, much like the steroids, they only help you "feel" better, not fix the problem.  It's been 6 months - I'm ready to be fixed.

We're to be testing the golf ability this weekend, so we'll see how that goes:  That and travel may make for a long weekend.  At least I get to see my new (and first) niece!

No comments:

Post a Comment