Sunday, January 17, 2010

Not Much Changing

Just a quick update, but not much new news.  I'm still having pain in the afternoon/early evening, typically as the pouch is filling up.  The tailbone pain stays even after evacuating, so it's obviously not the pouch that is causing all the pain.  The pouch does start to get irritated as the day progresses, but having to take oxy to get the tailbone to calm down slows the pouch down (that's a double win, btw.)  Somehow a feel another scan is in my future, even if I have to suggest it:  My gut tells me there's a buildup like after the first step that isn't going away.

The nightly steroids are hit and miss from a pain standpoint.  I started to take earlier in the night, and just stay up to have my final "clear" of the day.  This translates to somewhere around midnight/1 AM, but I get to sleep straight through until 6/7 AM, which is awesome.  I haven't slept that long in months.  Going to bed late, plus taking the oxy in the afternoon leads to a nap in the afternoon, which is all fine by me, as I've really needed it lately.

Next followup appointment isn't until the 26th, so patience is required until then, but the pain dissolves that fairly quickly. 

2 comments:

  1. That is quite a battle you are having with the pouch. Kinda love/hate. I hope it gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ML. They are continuing my steroids as a daily dose for another 3 weeks and then taper. They are concerned it hasn't healed yet. We'll see on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete