Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Running to Stand Still

Time after the last appointment hasn't progressed as we had hoped.  Even after doubling of the steroids, the pain still creeps in if I wait too long to take it in the morning.  Also, the urgency has increased over the last few days.  As a result, the docs got a few calls this week to speed up the process and make some changes to our current direction.  The fact that the cortisone seems to be covering up the issue and not resolving the issue concerns us (well, at least me) that what we are doing is running to stand still, at best.

We're going to stay on the steroids to resolve some of the inflammation in the pouch/cuff, but try a new antibiotic, as the current antibiotic doesn't seem to be working as expected.  We're also scheduling another CT scan, likely early next week, to try and rule out any collections or other issues that may be external to the pouch and not seen on the prior scope.  I'm not asking to see anything, but an answer is an answer.

Let's hope there is some progress over the next week or something to direct us closer to the solution.  Let's also hope this isn't the best that it's going to get.  Thanks to all the good wishes, prayers and vibes!

4 comments:

  1. Gee whiz. Did I just say that. Well I hope that things dont stay this way. They gotta clear up. You are suppose to be living the good life right now w/o issues. Praying for things to change for the best. ML

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ML. Hopefully all in due time. Counting down with you on your surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never cease to amaze me. I just spent time with you a little over two weeks ago and if I didn't take the time to read your blog I would never know the turmoil you have been going through. Your positive attitude is going to be your best healer! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had one helluva teacher. Love ya and hope to see you guys in March for the shower.

    ReplyDelete