Monday, May 17, 2010

Pain, Strain, and Drain

The results of the ctscan came back last week and the abscess is still there.  It's slightly smaller than what it was the previous time, but still there nonetheless.  As a result, my surgeon has recommended a drain be put into the abscess to assist in it's healing process.  Tomorrow I will go into Interventional Radiology and have the drain inserted.  At this point, I'm not sure exactly where/what/how long:  Much of that (actually, all of it) will be determined by the doctor once they see the abscess under ctscan and determine the pressure build up within it.

I've been off the antibiotics now for just over 8 days and there is a noticeable difference; unfortunately, in the wrong direction.  The gas build up is much more than previously experienced and urgency has definitely increased.  Yes, antibiotics do work and yes, bacteria generate gas - These have been proven definitively.  I'm still taking the steroids, which may be helping with the pain as it's not as bad as it's been, but still there in small doses, mostly in the evening.  Swelling like a tick with edema - jowls and
cankles

Golf looks likes it may be on hold for a while: Not really sure what I'm in for tomorrow, but at least the versed should cause me to forget the bad parts.  Let's see if any stories come out of this little procedure.  I'll post more over the next day or so and update how the drainage procedure goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment