Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Doxy's Moxy?

Well, Tuesday night was the first night of decent sleep in probably 2 weeks. Now, I never got more than 90 minutes at a clip, but when you get a few of them back to back, you quickly appreciate what you've been missing and what you got a glimpse of.

I'm fairly certain this is the working of the wonderful Doxycycline, the antibiotic "that can fix anything", as my surgeon's partner noted. As with the setbacks after step 1 surgery, a little antibiotics went a long way. Hopefully, after a few weeks stint of the doxy, we can part ways and only meet up on random occasions, hopefully separated by many years (much like high school class reunions.)

It was the first morning that I "wanted" to shower and shave since the hospital, and that's a good sign. It's not that I'm against them, but I can't say they are the most important part of my day, especially when I'm feeling like shit. As the day progressed, the need for percocet was only there to assist with a trip out with the family to have dinner somewhere outside the house. Being high in public has a certain "entertainment value", especially when you know you can't go to jail for this one.

Making it through dinner was easy, but the post-dinner "gotta go" and ride home was quite painful. Low and behold, it wasn't gas pains this time, but the pouch literally trying to split at the seams. Thankfully, we were only a few minutes from home and some rather crude jokes allowed me to make it home without having to play Russian roulette. Things have started to stiffen up and, as other j-pouchers like to jest, the play-doh factory was in full effect. I'll spare you the pictures (yes, certain moments I feel words can't describe), but it was the best movement since having the 2nd surgery.

Let's hope that the doxy continues it's magic and see how the evening goes. This would definitely something to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment