Thursday, November 12, 2009

One week after takedown

I'm out!  I was in the hospital until Tuesday and then released with smiles.  Doctors were very happy with the surgery and end result.  Other than dehydration issues upon arrival (which took a few days to clear up), it's been much better than expected.

I have control over the pouch with no accidents.  I'm still getting used to having the feeling of how full the pouch is, but that comes with time.  There is still spasms involved with the pouch as it gets accustomed to holding matter, rather than moving it through.  This is to lessen over time:  The spasms don't cause loss of control, the opposite, but they are quite painful.

I'm back to eating most foods, but still avoiding dairy and raw fruits/vegetables.  The dairy part stinks (how can you eat bacon and egg with no cheese!) but I'm preferring go slow and easy on this:  I got my whole life to get back to eating poorly.  Sugar doesn't sit well yet (dang chocolate chip cookies), so hopefully that comes with time as well.

Thank you to everyone, especially my wonderful wife, for being there throughout this ordeal.  Your thoughts and prayers are appreciated and make each day a little easier to pull through when you feel a little down in the dumps!

No comments:

Post a Comment