Monday, November 30, 2009

Weekend Rant

I took a few days off, trying to recoop on some sleep, but that's not really happening. Figured I'd try to save and post with a positive tone, but that's unlikely again today. The Bentyl keeps everything in for about 8 hours: That sounds great, until you figure dinner is due up at 1-3 AM every single night. Been eating rice (and some plain sushi) which stops it even longer. I think this med is going to get investigated with the docs to hopefully cut back so I can at least empty by midnight, or even 2 AM would be fine. Trying to keep away from the percocet, but one a day puts the pain down to tolerable or adds a little sleep in the late morning.

I've been at least making it outside the house this weekend, a breakfast, a dinner (yeah sushi), and some shopping on Sunday. We picked up a new train set for the holidays and did some minor surgery on some older ones that we had. The boy was more than thrilled and thought this was the best day ever. [Although he did say winning the lottery would have made it even better, I had a hard time arguing that fact.]

The output is less watery and the Konsyl definitely helps the bulking. The Bentyl helps with water retention as well, but (ironically) makes it difficult to urinate (how the hell do those two go together?) Maintaining through the day, or even when out has been successful and less painful, although our 3 hour jaunt yesterday did have to make an emergency stop (thanks doughnut shop). It reminded me to my UC days: Scanning the horizon for a toilet, but at least it was easier to hold (or even possible to hold), just a little uncomfortable.

Still have not managed any dairy yet, but have slowly been adding sugar (OMG the Mrs. pumpkin bread is ridiculous.) The doughnuts were a little over the top, so trying to manage some lower sugar items to see how they react. If I can find a sweet spot (no pun intended), I'll be able to add a few hundred more calories AND satiate my sweet tooth! :^) Clif bars on the next on the list: Let's hope for the best and hope chocolate still agrees with me.

I still have a week to go until next followup, but things trending in the right direction, just very slowly. Dropping weight, a pound every few days, so waiting for that freefall to stop. I'm close to my post-step 1 weight, which was terribly low and took many months to recover from. Granted, golfing every week as my "exercise" was a great recovery scheme before, but it's a little cold to be swinging clubs at this point. As the Mrs. suggested, it may be time to join that climbing gym once I get clearance from the docs. They had originally expected Dec 14th, but that may be a little delayed due to the first two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment