Monday, November 23, 2009

(Wasted Youth) Sweet Tooth

It seems that late night sweets and a little decaf coffee not only affects the evening hours, it seems to drag into the morning as well. Result: avoid late night sweets (now that's gonna be tough for the long term.) Actually, sugar is bad all day long at this point and makes it difficult to get anything to solidify.

Surgeon followup is tomorrow, so hopefully there will be some answers (or at least a direction) to the pain and urgency that has been nagging for the last week or so. My weight is down to 136 lbs or so: Total drop of 8 lbs since surgery. Still 9 pounds heavier than my lightest after step 1, but not heading in a positive direction. Dehydration isn't a large issue at this point, and seems to be getting better (or clearer, depending on how you see it.)

Pain meds are still a must in the evening to help take the edge off the pain to try and sleep. Still only getting 90 minutes at max, but they feel like a day compared to the other little naps throughout the day. Thankfully, my wife doesn't hear me everytime I get up, nor does she comment about it when she does. [Yes, she is the greatest person in the world.]

The incision, supposedly the only thing that should be healing at this point, is actually going very well, and barely open at this point. The skin hasn't connected yet, but the underlying tissue has been cooperating very well and the blood supply has been great. [Note to self: Things don't heal nearly this well if I'd still be smoking.]

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! I wasn't sure if I wanted to see any pictures until I clicked on the link for "Older Posts" and there you were! More than I needed to see but it gives me a better idea what you are going through. Keep up the healing and you are in our thoughts and prayers! Love you! Aunt Jill

    ReplyDelete