Friday, November 20, 2009

Post Checkup #1

The checkup on Wednesday seemed to help the 'ole pouch out. There's still a decent amount of pain in the afternoon and early evening, typically as I'm stuffing my piehole with the next meal (making way for more intake) or a few hours afterwards (making way for more intake.)

Early morning hours are a little touch and go with sleep, as it seems my pouch is a little nocturnal and wants to play from 10PM to 3AM. That'd be cool, if I lived in California or Hawaii... But I don't. Mornings and early afternoons resemble something that is somewhat livable and seems to be getting better by the day (if only a little at a time.)

This is going to be a long term process, but at times, between the pain and the meds, it's tough to see past the short term status. I've been fairly careful with the diet and taking note of things I eat and things that work (or don't more appropriately). Also, trying to not eat into the late evenings is difficult, as I think I would eat a fourth meal after 8 PM for the last, um, 10 years! I've been able to cut back, but even a few handfuls of pretzels seem to keep it running later in the night.

Looking forward to dairy, although fearful of the gas it may bring (boy, does that feel like a kick in the pants!) Somehow, I have a feeling I'll be eating alot more soy (which isn't bad, as I'm a huge fan of Silk for cereal!) I fondled a Clif bar today (yes, I said fondled) but was able to resist the erge... I can only imagine what that could bring on: Slow and steady... slow and steady...

No comments:

Post a Comment