Friday, November 27, 2009

sugar, Sugar, SUGAR

"I'm in to you!"

Thanksgiving is a day for splurging: So what the hell, let's splurge. I still tried to avoid dairy, but my wife found some vegan desserts that were ridiculous. Unfortunately, the combination of two donuts in the morning (yeah bowties), a vegan brownie, and some pumpkin bread, that was more sugar than I had probably consumed since leaving the hospital. As a result, I was in overdrive and the hope for anything that wasn't loose was a pipe dream.

The sleep has been better, but results in me getting up later: Who eats breakfast at 10 AM? Between that and not having my normal nightly staple of snacks, I'm still dropping weight: Slowly declining to 133 lbs. This is still heavier than my lightest at 127 after step 1 surgery, but 11 lbs lighter than my pre-step 2 weight of 144. Thankfully, I have more energy, but having only 3 meals a day feels like I'm on some freakish diet (do people really do this?)

Prior to the takedown, I was running on a diet that constituted about 3000-3500 calories a day. I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to keep up with that on three meals a day. I see many days (and nights) of trial and significant failure in the near future.

(Special thanks to Gem City Rockers for letting me plagiarize the "Sugar, Sugar, Sugar" lyric.)

No comments:

Post a Comment