Sunday, November 15, 2009

No Temperature, But Still Pain

The doctors felt the spasms could be due to overwork and inflammation, so they put me on Motrin as part of my daily diet Friday night. The fever finally came down to normal late last night and seems to be holding steady. Finally, I was able to get over an hour of unadulterated sleep last night in between spasms and false alarms (or what can be deemed false alarms: they are more like disappointments.)

I was able to make my way around the block today, but not breaking any land speed records and well below my previous "healing" times. The pain does put a damper on sprinting, even if the legs and heart could handle it. Water absorption seems to be okay, but starting a regiment of watered down G2 to add a little more, just in case. [Even G2 straight up caused me to be loose when I had my temp ostomy.]

It seems that after dinner snacks of peanut butter sandwiches doesn't slow digestion like one would think. This may be another reason of lack of sleep from later in the week: Further scientific studies should show more. Late night pretzels (11 PM... what was I thinking) don't help the false alarms either. Maybe late night coffee will help clean out the leftovers and promote a good nights sleep. [Like I said: real scientific studies here.]

No comments:

Post a Comment