Monday, November 16, 2009

Minor Setback

Well, recovery wouldn't be recovery without setbacks. The pain has continued and the bowels have been looser than earlier. Visiting nurse said blood pressure was low, probably due to slight dehydration, noted by the darker urine seen over the past 24 hours and the loose movements.

Doctors are not convinced it's pouchitis or cuffitis at this point, even after passing some blood earlier in the day. They have prescribed some Dicyclomine to be able to slow the muscle spasms and give the pouch some rest (and hopefully me too. I will say, this does remind me of my really bad UC days, where the day was focused around using the bathroom. Thankfully, I'm smarter this time around and trying to utilize a more bland diet and liquids to combat the issues of both.

The incision and abdomen are feeling great and closing nicely. I'm not doing crunches yet, but I'm definitely gaining more core strength (or shall I say, loosing core pain!)

As with rain, it can ruin a golf outing, but it does make the crops grow. Hopefully, this is part of the crop making process and not ruining my golf outing.

No comments:

Post a Comment