Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Roller Coaster

The roller coaster rolls on, trying to figure out where the pain is coming from. Yesterday, they up'd the bentyl (dicyclomine) to help slow down the bowels to allow the pouch to heal. It actually reminds me of prednisone in that it gives me a nasty temper but I get sleepy when I take it. Last evening was uncomfortable and not sure if it was lunch or just additional gas trying to flip my rectum inside-out (yes, it is as uncomfortable as it sounds.)

They were supposed to have doubled the bentyl last week, but forget to give me a new prescription when I left. So when I called on a whim yesterday that it was odd that I ran out between appointments, they realized that screw up and changed yesterday. [That's another week down the drain... actually, down the toilet would be more appropriate.] We'll see what a full week on the double-dose does.

Next followup isn't until next Tuesday, so hopefully the next few days start trending in the right direction; otherwise, we're going to be in the same place we were last week and still won't have any answers. The weight loss free fall seems to have slowed down and I seem to be hovering around 133 lbs. I don't look like the walking dead after my first surgery, but you could still play the xylophone on my chest and ribcage.

The incision is starting to close, or at least scab over. Yes, it's a good size scab (and no, I have no plans on saving this one... back story will be posted later.) This may be a nasty looking scar, as there was so much room in between the folds, so we'll see what it looks like in a few weeks. Thankfully, battle scars don't really bother me, as I'm not typically shirtless (unless I finally nail that underwear modeling gig.)

No comments:

Post a Comment