Monday, December 7, 2009

Barium - You Can't Stay Here

Yesterday smeared into today with lack of sleep. These two days aren't what the doctor ordered. I had the CT scan this afternoon. Unfortunately, it was an hour from home and barium is not digestible. As a result, it was one of the most painful rides I've had since my step 1 surgery. I could hold it, which means good for the muscles, but the body is still pissy and painful about keeping stuff around too long.

I've got the followup tomorrow, so hopefully we'll have some answers or at least a direction to head in. I can honestly say physically and emotionally, this is starting to wear very thin. I keep telling myself this is all part of the process, but it's getting difficult to see the forest from the trees. Even if this doesn't work out, I won't regret the decision, but at least know that I couldn't handle it if I go with a permanent ostomy.

No comments:

Post a Comment