Saturday, December 26, 2009

Sugar Revisited

How is it possible to make it through your grandmothers' houses on Christmas without eating sugar? For this sweet tooth, it isn't. I was able to hold out until about 2 PM, which was only a few hours after getting there, before breaking down. Brownies, chocolate chip cookies, M&M cookies (personal fave), peanut butter buttons, smores bars (my wife doesn't help either), and the list continues.

I dabbled a little into the brownies, then moved houses and dabbled into the M&Ms, then back and some more chocolate chip cookies. I truly expected to be up all night with the runs, but the evening passed without event. Even with a total carbohydrate breakfast yesterday, which did make lunchtime a little "active", there was only maybe one extra movement all day. Either Santa brought me some cheer, the drugs are actually working, my pouch is adjusting to my foods, or some wacky combination of the above. I'm not sure I'll ever know the answer, but future trials will give a better statistical result!

If I'm able to get back on the sugar/carbohydrate train, you'll see me smiling like you haven't in months! For know, we'll control our excitement, not overdue and abuse a good thing, and see what baby steps gets us.

I hope everyone out there got what they wanted during this holiday season. I know I did, and it wasn't the sugar rush.

No comments:

Post a Comment