Thursday, December 3, 2009

Scan It - The Third

I got the call this morning that they want to do a CT scan next week to see what's up with the pouch. Not sure if they called because I pissed off their answering service or because I call weekly noting that it's not getting any better: It isn't, so at least I'm honest. Either way (or neither), I'm hoping that it answers some questions and puts us in the right direction (quickly.)

The past two days have been the roughest: By the evenings, I'm in pain holding it in and in pain in letting it come out. Thankfully, the oxy makes it tolerable and I can get a few hours of sleep. The rest of the night isn't so fun, but at least I'm not homicidal in the morning. By mid-afternoon I am, which is when I typically go and hide. I thought I had a lack of patience before, but sleep deprivation and pain have a miraculous way of making the rest disappear.

Due to the weight loss and my low calorie intake, I decided to give nighttime snacking another chance. It definitely doesn't help the output of the pouch or sleeping at night. What the hell, I'm not sleeping anyway, so I might as well ingest another 500-1000 calories and enjoy the time before bed.

Trying out some new fiber tablets rather than drinking the sand that I have been using. While the sand works, it's difficult to make portable and easy to tote around. Figuring I gotta carry pills every where I go know, what's another few. I've been making it outside, regardless of the cold. I don't last long, and typically have to hit the john just to relieve the pain, but at least I can participate in some social activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment