Thursday, December 24, 2009

Holiday Travel

Traveling took a lot more out of me than I had thought, especially since I just got to sit there while the Mrs. drove. It is great to be home and see the family, so the pain and discomfort is barely in the forefront. The hardest part is keeping on a schedule of meds and food. Food: Oh, food. There's sugar temptation everywhere! One day down, 3 to go, and unlikely I'm gonna make it!

I'm starting to swell from the steroids: Everyone says I look good, so that must mean I must have looked horribly skinny before or they're lying: I'm going to go with the former. I guess it's true in the eye of the beholder! My sleep has been disrupted as well from the meds, but I do get a few hours of unadulterated sleep, which is enough to keep me going. I do feel tired, but for some reason, my mind continues racing. [This, btw, is how I typically operate, so I shouldn't be surprised here, just that it's worse than usual.]

I was able to go 9 hours between movements last night, which is a record since the surgery. There is still some cramping and pains, but they come and go: It's hard to figure out when it's just acting up or actually full. I'm still working out that detection. The bleeding has subsided to only as a result of movement and not actually in the toilet, which is a definite plus. It's still a little tender, but not nearly as frequent as before. There's still those "UC" times when there's urgency, but with a little concentration, I can "shift things around" and delay for a little bit.


Eggs: You seem to no longer want to hang around. For this, you will be replaced by Egg Beaters. It's been a wonderful run of many decades, but sadly, off you go. Tarnish some other person's cholesterol. Maybe if you learn to behave we can be friends again.

Pork: We're still good, just don't act like eggs and we'll get along fine. [I'll fight to keep you, so don't take advantage of me.]

No comments:

Post a Comment