Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Call Back

I've made it through the weekend with little sleep and a decent amount of bleeding. Yesterday and today have been limited in bleeding, mostly limited to post movement, which leads us to believe it's just massive hemorrhoids. [Whose idea was it to surround that whole area with big veins and thin skin?] Daily naps should be in order, but somehow being exhausted doesn't let me sleep. Hats off to those out there, especially you SAHMs, that juggle the surgeries and the kids!

The doctors have noted that the increased bleeding was likely a result of the antibiotics and steroids, which tend to make things worse before making it better. If this holds true, then we are pointing in the right direction and the bleeding should continue to subside. Thankfully, just a day before heading out to see the family for the holidays. As Dad always said, better late than never. They are continuing the treatment for another week to get me through my next appointment on January 5th.

I'm swapping out the A&D ointment for some zinc oxide, also by A&D, but not the stuff we always used for diaper rash. The zinc oxide is the same used in the Calmol4, which seem to help stifle some of the post-movement bleeding. I'm looking forward to carrying a man-purse over the next couple of weeks to hold the assortment of creams/wipes/supps/lotions: I may just put the diaper bag back into service and carry my laptop with me as well!

Be safe and enjoy the holidays. Spread some cheer!

No comments:

Post a Comment