Saturday, December 5, 2009

Tired (hopefully not sick)

I've made it through the last two days with minimal pain killers, typically only at night. Tried a diabetic supplement (made by Boost). I think the name is appropriate, because that's what it does to your stool: Much like the space shuttle, I could chug one of these and fly around the room. I guess the sugar alcohols are just as bad as sugar for the pouch. Still searching for an appropriate protein substitute so I don't have to eat 1.5 lbs of chicken a day!

Spent an unusual amount of time on the couch yesterday, followed by an early bedtime at 9:30 PM. So much for "boosting" my way through the day. I was running to the john every hour, so maybe that was my workout routine for the day. I did have a decent nights sleep as things calmed down later in the evening/morning. I was in good enough spirits this morning to head out to our favorite breakfast joint. A morning without eggs and pork feels like a morning without sunshine.

Weight this morning was 135 lbs, which is the heaviest since surgery, so hopefully that's fat and muscle and not some random, undrained fluid gathering in places it shouldn't be. I've been getting around in the house well, but the weather has sort of drowned outside walks. I managed to get outside the house this afternoon as well, but seem to be paying for it now: Unless the seats in my car are designed to have a centralized crown. [Think "It" for you South Park fans.] Now, we nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment